On 8 November, the 11th Grade students Natalia Daniela Cruz Avendaño and Camilo Andres Rincon were awarded the Excellence Scholarship by the Universidad de La Sabana. More than 1500 students from across Colombia applied for this scholarship of which only 45 were successful. The ceremony took place on the university campus recognising the best students nationally.
The scholarship aims to recognise and develop students’ academic excellence in the area of study for which they have shown passion and skill.
To be successful, students need:
• An excellent academic record as shown in their 9th, 10th and 11th Grade exams
• High level of English appropriate to their chosen area of study
• Strong application to their chosen degree programme
• Strong performance throughout the scholarship application process, including subject-specific tests
• Excellent personal references from their school
We would like to congratulate Natalia who is going to study Medicine and Camilo who will be studying Mechanical Engineering. Their hard work and dedication has led to them realising their dreams; they are an inspiration to the SGS community.